Good Morning Yogis! We are restarting the Limbs of Yoga for our daily positive practices with Ahimsa or non-harming. Today is also the International Day of Non-Violence, created by the United Nations honoring Ghandi’s birthday.
Bonus Daily Meditation Challenge
We are in the middle of a bonus Daily Meditation Challenge for October! For Ahimsa day today, my meditation for the day is a Loving Kindness Guided Meditation.
Today’s Daily Yogi Practice is a random act of kindness for today’s Ahimsa / Non-Harming Day and International Day of Non-Violence. Need ideas? Here is what we used for inspiration for our intro Ahimsa Day!
- Bring home a favorite meal or treat for a loved one.
- Be extra friendly driving in the car, giving someone the right of way.
- If you can, pay for the order for the person behind you in a drive through. Has that ever happened to you? It happened to my sister, it made her day!
- If we are no longer in the days of social distancing or you are in your household, hold the door open for the person behind you, or help someone who is struggling to reach or carry something.
- Give to charity.
- Plant a tree.
- Whatever feels like the right way for you to actively practice kindness and compassion, or to do your small part to make someone else smile, or make the world better today than it was yesterday.
Get today’s Daily Yogi Positive Practice in your inbox – Register for our email list!
Get easy access to our daily practices inspired by the Yoga Sutras right in your inbox
Please comment and share how you decided to practice Ahimsa today. How did it make you feel? Always remember, be kind!