Table of contents
Happy July 28, 2022 – Mindfulness & Flow: Amusement Parks & Parks
National Waterpark Day
Today is National Waterpark Day! So, for today’s Summer Fun activity, we will cover one of my favorite adventures – Amusement Parks & Parks!
Check out this month’s Introduction for more on mindfulness, flow, and Tea Ceremony – my recommended substitute practice for any suggested daily Fun Practice this month you do not want to try. We will have 31 different practices and activities to at minimum beat boredom for Anti-Boredom Month, and hopefully help you experience a flow state.
Today’s Positive Practice suggestion
Today’s Daily Yogi Practice is to try today’s Anti-Boredom / mindfulness/flow Activity: Visit an Amusement Park or Park of your choice, or have some other outdoor or adventure fun!
With COVID this may not be the best time to visit a populated attraction, or they may be closed right now. So, consider some of our backyard activities below as well!
Parks, Amusement Parks & BackYard Fun
- Today’s practice is inspired by National Waterpark Day, so perhaps visit a water park or amusement park near you!
- Have outdoor family fun with golf or mini-golf, go-kart racing, berry picking, or a pool
- Try an indoor adventure with laser tag, glow-golf, bowling, pool, darts, or a haunted house
- Find a nearby summer carnival, fair, or arts festival
- Visit a zoo, petting zoo, or aquarium
- Get some extra education with a musem or a historical theme park
- Try an escape room!
- Have a quieter and calmer day enjoying nature at a botanical garden, sculpture garden, national or state park, or any other nearby park or garden!
- Enjoy people watching or a picnic in a city park
- Try something new like ziplining, jetskiing, snorkeling, paddle boarding, or kayaking
- Have a group water gun fight
- Play backyard games such as bocce, croquet, backgammon, volley ball, corn hole, or other fun family activities.
- Check the local guides for your city and check out the top local attractions
Try to calmly take notice when your thoughts drift back to the past or forward to the future. Try to bring yourself back to and fully immerse yourself in the present moment by focusing on the sight, sounds, smells, taste, or feel of your surroundings.
Get the Daily Yogi App – Get quick access to
today’s practice and daily pop-up reminders!
More Positive Practices
Related Positive Practices
Share your Practice
Please comment and share your experience with today’s practice. Were you able to find flow or contentment in the now? Always remember, be kind!