Doing our 30 Day Challenge? Click here for today’s Ahimsa post!
Click here for today’s Satya post!
Happy Tuesday Morning Yogis! We are staying synced up with our 30 Day Challenge group that is starting today. We are beginning our cycle practicing each of the Limbs of Yoga with a combined day of Ahimsa or non-harming and Satya or Truthfulness. We will have a KISS Day today, focusing on the “benevolent truth” translation of Satya from Sanskrit or the positive opposite of non-harming, or kindness for our Ahimsa practice today.
Today is another KISS Day! I learned the KISS Method acronym in the business world as “keep it simple, stupid.” But that is kind of rude, so my KISS Days acronym is “Keep It Super Simple” We will have a few KISS Days this month as we are synced up with the Challenge group.
Today’s Daily Yogi Practices are a random act of kindness for today’s Ahimsa / Non-Harming Day OR sharing a kind truth with someone you care about. Need ideas?
- Bring home a favorite meal or special treat for a loved one.
- Be extra friendly driving in the car, giving someone the right of way.
- If you can, pay for the order for the person behind you in a drive through. Has that ever happened to you? It happened to my sister, it made her day!
- If we are no longer in the days of social distancing or you are in your household, hold the door open for the person behind you, or help someone who is struggling to reach or carry something.
- Give to charity.
- Plant a tree.
- Whatever feels like the right way for you to actively practice kindness and compassion, or to do your small part to make someone else smile, or make the world better today than it was yesterday.
- Contact your best friend just to say how much you admire their drive, or loyalty or the ability to always make you laugh.
- Tell your significant other how much you appreciate the thing you love most about them.
- Call a friend or family member who had a significant positive impact on your life, and let them know how thankful you are.
- Message an old colleague or boss who helped you on your path, and thank them for their mentoring.
- Reach out to someone you love and/or someone you know could use a pick-me-up.
Get the Daily Yogi App – Get quick access to
today’s practice and daily pop-up reminders!
Please comment and share how you decided to practice Ahimsa today. How did it make you feel? Always remember, be kind!