Doing our 30 Day Challenge? Click here for today’s post!
Happy Thursday Yogis! Today is Brahmacharya or Moderation Day. I personally need more balance in my life right now, so we are having another KISS (keep it super simple) Day!
Today’s Daily Yogi Practice is to exercise moderation or take the Middle Path in a way that is meaningful for you today for Brahmaharya Day. Remember – the middle path is about moderation, not denial! Need some ideas?
- Look for temptations during the day, and neither deny nor fully indulge the craving, but instead make a healthy choice. Like maybe a salad or healthy sandwich instead of fast food, or fruit instead of candy, or yogurt instead of cake or ice cream. Maybe have just a couple pieces of candy instead of NOMMING the whole bag (this one is both inspired by and directed towards me!), or have one very small serving of exactly what you are craving.
- Make today the first day taking steps to minimize an unhealthy lifestyle choice. Perhaps get a nicotine gum or patch to stop smoking, or plan a reasonable cut-back schedule with small goals you can reach rather than the cold-turkey approach.
- If you have been super busy with work and family with our current quarantine situation, ask for help and take 15 minutes minimum to spoil yourself with a bath or workout or even a nap, whatever you need!
- Take a digital break – plan today to have an evening without phone or social media.
- Choose your own way to practice a more balanced lifestyle today that feels right to you.
Get the Daily Yogi App – Get quick access to
today’s practice and daily pop-up reminders!
Please comment and share how you chose to practice Brahmacharya today! Always remember, be kind!