Good morning Yogis! We are in the middle of our special Holiday Yamas Practices! December is the holiday season for many worldwide nations, cultures, and religions, so this ties in with most other holiday seasons our Yogis may celebrate. I will continue my research through the month and tie in our practices with world holidays if they tie in with our daily practices… please contact me if you have any requests or suggestions!
Holiday Yamas Practice Schedule
We are on our second day counting down the 5 Yamas with 5 days of Ahimsa (non-harming), 4 days of Satya (truthfulness), and 3 days of Asteya (non-stealing) before we have a full week of Brahmacharya for the week of Christmas in the United States.. a time that I will enjoy the focus on moderation! We will focus on a different way to practice each of these Yamas each day.
Holiday Season – Charity Drives
Today we will focus on practicing Ahimsa (non-harming) with others today, since we focused on personal practice yesterday and because December is also Universal Human Rights Month. I think one of the most classic traditions embodying the holiday spirit of giving and kindness is participating in the food, toy, and charity drives for those in need. We will get some bonus Asteya (non-stealing) generosity practice as well!
Today’s Daily Yogi Practice is to practice kindness to others for Ahimsa / Non-Harming Day!
- Consider participating in a traditional holiday toy drive like Angel Tree and Toys for Toys drives.
- Donate food or (they prefer) cash to your local food bank.
- Donate to any charitable cause that is meaningful to you – education, children, seniors, environmental, spiritual, health, or other charitable organizations… whatever resonates to you, give your support to something you care about!
- Consider making a donation in loved ones’ names in their honor this year if they insist they do not want a gift.
- Help a friend or family member – reach out and ask what you can do to make things better for them during these stressful times!
- Whatever feels like the right way for you to actively practice kindness and generosity with others, or to make someone else smile today.
Follow us on Instagram – easy access to our daily positive practices
Plus second daily reminder photo /edit On INSTAGRAM Only
(2nd Insta post currently paused)
tag us with your Asana pics!
enable notifications for pop-up reminders!
Please comment and share how you decided to practice Ahimsa with others today. How did it make you feel? Always remember, be kind!