Doing our 30 Day Challenge? Click here for today’s post!
Happy Monday Morning Yogis! We are beginning our cycle practicing each of the Limbs of Yoga with Ahimsa or non-harming. We also have a 30 Day Challenge Group starting positive practices today, and we will stay mostly coordinate with the Challenge group most of the month. Today we will focus on the positive opposite of non-harming, or kindness for our Ahimsa practice today.
Today’s Daily Yogi Practice is a random act of kindness for today’s Ahimsa / Non-Harming Day. Need ideas?
- Bring home a favorite meal or special treat for a loved one.
- Be extra friendly driving in the car, giving someone the right of way.
- If you can, pay for the order for the person behind you in a drive through. Has that ever happened to you? It happened to my sister, it made her day!
- If we are no longer in the days of social distancing or you are in your household, hold the door open for the person behind you, or help someone who is struggling to reach or carry something.
- Give to charity (I recommend donating to WWF or supporting 4Ocean – a business doing great things for ocean clean-up!)
- Plant a tree.
- Whatever feels like the right way for you to actively practice kindness and compassion, or to do your small part to make someone else smile, or make the world better today than it was yesterday.
Get the Daily Yogi App – Get quick access to
today’s practice and daily pop-up reminders!
Please comment and share how you decided to practice Ahimsa today. How did it make you feel? Always remember, be kind!
One thought on “August 2022 Yoga Challenge: Ahimsa (Non-Harming)”