Good Morning Yogis! We are in the middle of our special Holiday Yamas Practices! December is the holiday season for many worldwide nations, cultures, and religions, so this ties in with most other holiday seasons our Yogis may celebrate. I will continue my research through the month and tie in our practices with world holidays if they tie in with our daily practices… please contact me if you have any requests or suggestions!
Holiday Yamas Practice Schedule
We are on our sixth day counting down the 5 Yamas with 5 days of Ahimsa (non-harming), 4 days of Satya (truthfulness), and 3 days of Asteya (non-stealing) before we have a full week of Brahmacharya for the week of Christmas in the United States.. a time that I will enjoy the focus on moderation! We will focus on a different way to practice each of these Yamas each day.
Holiday Season – 12/13 Satya
Today is the first day of our Satya (truthfulness) practices, and we just ended 5 days of Ahimsa (non-harming) kindness practices. Today we will combine the two a bit with one of my favorite Satya (truthfulness) practices – sharing a kind truth with a loved one. Remember – Satya is translated as KIND truth, and is more about restraint than sharing your truth… please keep the three gates saying in mind with your Satya practice. We will take the next three days of Satya practice to cover each Satya practice recommended by the 8-Fold Path – correct speech, thoughts, and actions.
Today’s Daily Yogi Practice is to share a kind truth with a loved one for our first Holiday Satya / Truthfulness Day! Let’s make it big today… these are hard times and we could all use a big pick me up! Do not compliment someone about something that changes every day, like their hair or outfit. Need some ideas?
- Contact your best friend just to say how much you admire their drive, or loyalty or the ability to always make you laugh.
- Tell your significant other how much you appreciate the thing you love most about them.
- Call a friend or family member who had a significant positive impact on your life, and let them know how thankful you are.
- Message an old colleague or boss who helped you on your path, and thank them for their mentoring.
- Reach out to someone you love and/or someone you know could use a pick-me-up.
Get today’s Daily Yogi Positive Practice in your inbox
Register for our email list!
Please comment and share how your Satya practice went today. How did it make you feel? Always remember, be kind!
One thought on “December 2022 Holidays – Satya (Truthfulness): Day 1”