Good morning Yogis! We are in the middle of our special Holiday Yamas Practices! December is the holiday season for many worldwide nations, cultures, and religions, so this ties in with most other holiday seasons our Yogis may celebrate. I will continue my nerdy research through the month and tie in our practices with world holidays if they tie in with our daily practices… please contact me if you have any requests or suggestions!
Holiday Yamas Practice Schedule
We are on our fourth day counting down the 5 Yamas with 5 days of Ahimsa (non-harming), 4 days of Satya (truthfulness), and 3 days of Asteya (non-stealing) before we have a full week of Brahmacharya for the week of Christmas in the United States.. a time that I will enjoy the focus on moderation! We will focus on a different way to practice each of these Yamas each day.
Holiday Season – International Mountain Day
Today is International Mountain Day. This day was created by the UN to increase awareness about these fragile ecosystems. Also, I live in the mountains in Colorado, like 25% of the earth’s animals and 15% of the earth’s humans. So today we will focus on practicing Ahimsa (non-harming) with the environment today!
Today’s Daily Yogi Practice is to practice kindness to the environment for Ahimsa / Non-Harming Day!
- Consider making a donation to the World Wildlife Fund to help protect endangered animals and their environments! I am an animal lover and environmentalist, this one is near and dear to me, but I apologize for repeating over and over 🙂
- Plant a tree!
- Perhaps go for a hike in the mountains, and maybe bring gloves and trash bags and do some extra clean-up in honor of Mountain Day.
- If you are not near any mountains or have other plans, keep an eye out for litter while you are out and do a little clean up when the opportunity presents itself.
- Find and participate in an organized local clean-up.. these events are usually great for maintaining social distancing!
- Support beach and ocean cleanup efforts by purchasing a 4Ocean sea plastic bracelet.
- Hold for extra time in Tadasana / Mountain Pose today.
- Or, if none of these suggestions resonate with you, find another way to practice some environmentalism!
Get today’s Daily Yogi Positive Practice in your inbox – Register for our email list!
Get easy access to our daily practices inspired by the Yoga Sutras right in your inbox
Please comment and share how you decided to practice Ahimsa with the environment today. How did it make you feel? Always remember, be kind!
2 thoughts on “Holiday – Ahimsa – Non-Harming – Day 4 – Mountain Day”
I planted a Plumeria tree this week and I cant wait to enjoy its beautiful flowers.
That is awesome!