Good Morning Yogis! We pausing our journey through the Sutras for Labor Day Holiday Weekend. Today we are having a bonus Asteya or Non-stealing Day to participate in International Day of Charity, which began in honor of Mother Theresa. So, we will be practicing Asteya with the positive of non-stealing or generosity today!
We are in the middle of a daily Asana practice challenge for September. Please see our Asana Styles page for links to youtube videos for various Yoga Styles.
I usually practice with the Yoga Studio App rather than streaming services, so I can download my favorite classes and use in areas without Wifi or phone signal. Today I am doing one of my favorites – Beginner AM (20 Minute), which I modify with more advanced versions of poses including full side plank, standard extended side angle, and lowering slowly from plank to Chaturanga Dandasana / Yoga Push-Up… I am still working arm strength to do the Intermediate version of this class. I typically practice Asana most consistently in the morning, and this is my favorite morning series!
Today’s Daily Yogi Practice is to participate in International Charity Day for today’s Asteya/non-stealing day. Need some ideas?
- Consider making a cash donation to your local food bank, hospital, or another nonprofit or charity that is meaningful to you.
- Ask someone you care about who is having a tough time if you can help with household chores, or yard work, or anything else to make their lives easier and take something off their plate.
- Purge toys, books, kitchen gadgets, and/or electronics you no longer use, and consider donating as appropriate to a local organization for the elderly, women and/or children.
- If you have old luggage you no longer use, please consider donating to a foster care agency, since many foster children are forced to move with garbage bags.
- Double up on some Saucha with a closet clean-out and donate clothes you do not wear any more… or consider starting a wardrobe tracking method to help identify what you do not wear and could donate. PS consider making the extra effort donating directly to local organizations for the homeless, women, or children rather than the easy dropboxes for Goodwill.
Please comment and share how you practiced Asteya and/or participated in International Charity Day today! Always remember, be kind!