Happy Saturday Yogis! This will be our second to last Niyamas day of the year, since we will soon begin our December Holidays special Yamas practices. Today we will take a Personal Day with an extra Niyamas practice of your choice!
Today is also Wildlife Conservation Day. I care about both animals and conservation.. please remember that we all share this world, and consider making a donation to the World Wildlife Fund to help protect endangered animals and their environments!
Today’s Daily Yogi Practice is to practice any of the 5 Niyamas or personal observances of our choice. I am practicing Saucha with some cleaning and organizing, and Svadhyaya with a journal day! Need more ideas?
- Practice Saucha with cleaning your surroundings or a personal deep-cleaning
- Practice Santosha with mindfulness practices or living in the moment
- Practice Tapas with a workout or getting something done you have been putting off
- Practice Svadhyaya with a journal day or reading a sacred text of your choice
- Practice Ishvara Pranidhana with acceptance and non-attachment with your actions and any difficult situations
Holiday Yamas Practice Schedule
We will start soon by counting down the 5 Yamas with 5 days of Ahimsa (non-harming), 4 days of Satya (truthfulness), and 3 days of Asteya (non-stealing). Then we will have a full week of Brahmacharya for the week of Christmas in the United States.. a time that I will enjoy the focus on moderation! We will focus on a different way to practice each of these Yamas each day.
Want to See more like this?
Follow DailyYogi on Pinterest!
Please comment and share your experience if you got your OM on with us today! Have you tried this before, or is OM new to you? What did you think? Always remember, be kind!
One thought on “Niyamas (Personal Observances) – December 2021 – Wildlife Conservation Day”