Good Morning Yogis! Although we tried to incorporate Santosha/contentment with our challenging Ardha Chandrasana / Half Moon Pose exercise yesterday, it is worth another day of focus. We have discussed that Yoga is a practice, and I find nearly all of the limbs to be challenging. I personally have a hard time with Santosha, finding it especially difficult to “turn off” to just relax and enjoy where I am.
Today’s Daily Yogi Practice for Santosha Day is focusing on the present moment, ideally in nature. We are practicing the finding the happiness in the “now”. Here are some of our best tips!
- Go on a walk, and perhaps literally stop and smell the roses.
- Take a run and feel the wind on your face.
- Being around water is especially calming, maybe head out for a walk down the beach, around a lake, or by a river.
- Go for a hike and appreciate the beauty around you rather than focusing on finding a perfect selfie spot.
- Since we are still in the days of social distancing, maybe pack a picnic and head to the back yard or a nearby park.
- Read a book on your deck or by the window.
- Sit quietly, and go through all of your senses one by one to appreciate your surroundings.
- Any way that feels right for you to get out of your head, and appreciate the beauty of the world around you.
PS calmly notice when your thoughts drift back to the past or forward to the future. Try to bring yourself back to the present moment by focusing on the sight, sounds, smells, taste, or feel of your surroundings.
Please comment and share how your Santosha Day went focusing on living in the now. Please share any favorite practices or tricks! Always remember, be kind!
One thought on “Santosha – Contentment – Day 2”