Table of contents
Happy Meditation March 7, 2022 – Santosha (Contentment)
Bonus Daily Meditation Challenge
We are in the middle of a bonus Daily Meditation Challenge for March! For Santosha Day today, my meditation for the day is a Positive Affirmation Guided Meditation. Try to remember any positive affirmations that resonate with you – perhaps add to your journal, repeat and reflect on your moment in nature today, and/or come back to them during meditation. I enjoyed the positive affirmations “Today I look for and appreciate the good” and “I am worthy, I am enough.” Or perhaps try this new Mindfulness Guided Meditation!
Today’s Positive Practice suggestion
Today’s Daily Yogi Practice for Santosha Day is focusing on the present moment, ideally in nature. We are practicing finding the happiness in the “now”. Here are some of our best tips!
- Go on a walk, and perhaps literally stop and smell the roses.
- Take a run and feel the wind on your face.
- Being around water is especially calming, maybe head out for a walk down the beach, around a lake, or by a river.
- Go for a hike and appreciate the beauty around you rather than focusing on finding a perfect selfie spot.
- Since we are still in the days of social distancing, maybe pack a picnic and head to the back yard or a nearby park.
- Read a book on your deck or by the window.
- Sit quietly, and go through all of your senses one by one to appreciate your surroundings.
- Any way that feels right for you to get out of your head, and appreciate the beauty of the world around you.
PS calmly notice when your thoughts drift back to the past or forward to the future. Try to bring yourself back to the present moment by focusing on the sight, sounds, smells, taste, or feel of your surroundings.
Want to See more like this?
Follow DailyYogi on Pinterest!
More Positive Practices
Related Positive Practices
Share your Practice
Please comment and share how your Santosha Day went focusing on living in the now. Please share any favorite practices or tricks! Always remember, be kind!