Good morning Yogis! Today is Earth Day and tonight is the peak of the Lyrids Meteor Shower! This meteor shower is average (20/hr) and produces bright streaking trails, so try to catch a shooting star if you have clear skies this week! So, before we begin another quick Asana series, let’s take a quick break to celebrate Earth Day and focus on enjoying the earth with Santosha practice, or help conservation and environmental efforts with Ahimsa or Asteya practice today.
We are in the middle of a daily Asana practice challenge for April! Please see our Asana Styles page for links to youtube videos for various Yoga Styles. For Earth Day today, I recommend a dynamic Vinyasa series to focus on physical health, or a more meditative Yin and Restorative Series.
I usually practice with the Yoga Studio App rather than streaming services, so I can download my favorite classes and use in areas without Wifi or phone signal. Today I am trying a new Vinyasa class, one of the specialty focuses I have not yet tried.
Today’s Daily Yogi Practice is a practice of your choice focused on enjoying or conserving nature for today’s World Health Day.
- Consider making a donation to the World Wildlife Fund to help protect endangered animals and their environments! I am an animal lover and environmentalist, this one is near and dear to me, but I apologize for repeating over and over 🙂
- April is Stress Awareness Month, so perhaps consider a meditative walk or hike to enjoy your natural environment!
- Plant a tree!
- Perhaps go for a hike and bring gloves and trash bags and do some extra clean-up in honor of Earth Day.
- Find and participate in an organized local clean-up.. these events are usually great for maintaining social distancing!
- Support beach and ocean cleanup efforts by purchasing a 4Ocean sea plastic bracelet.
- Or, if none of these suggestions resonate with you, find another way to practice some environmentalism!
Get today’s Daily Yogi Positive Practice in your inbox
Register for our email list!
Please comment to share your experience! Which practice did you choose for Earth Day today? Always remember, be kind!