Today is the International Day of Friendship! So, for today’s Summer Fun activity, we will cover one of my favorite activities – Fun with friends!
Check out this month’s Introduction for more on mindfulness, flow, and Tea Ceremony – my recommended substitute practice for any suggested daily Fun Practice this month you do not want to try. We will have 31 different practices and activities to at minimum beat boredom for Anti-Boredom Month, and hopefully help you experience a flow state.
Today’s Daily Yogi Practice is to try today’s Anti-Boredom / mindfulness/flow Activity: Enjoying a fun time with a friend!
With COVID this may not be the best time to visit a populated attraction, or they may be closed right now. So, consider some of our backyard activities below as well!
Fun with Friends
- Enjoy a meal or drink with great conversation!
- Spend an afternoon shopping or window shopping
- Tour a brewery or winery
- Call a friend on the phone or zoom and catch up
- Play a card, board, triva, or video game together (some of these can easily be done remotely!)
- Beach Day!
- Catch a new movie or watch your favorite TV shows together
- Go for a walk or a hike together
- Spend an afternoon enjoying a shared hobby like golf, biking, crafting or playing sports
- Try an indoor adventure with laser tag, glow-golf, bowling, pool, darts, or a haunted house
- Enjoy people watching or a picnic in a city park
- Try something new like a cooking class, ziplining, jetskiing, snorkeling, paddle boarding, or kayaking
- Play backyard games such as bocce, croquet, backgammon, volley ball, corn hole, or other fun family activities.
- Check the local guides for your city and check out the top local attractions
Try to calmly take notice when your thoughts drift back to the past or forward to the future. Try to bring yourself back to and fully immerse yourself in the present moment by focusing on the sight, sounds, smells, taste, or feel of your surroundings.
Get the Daily Yogi App – Get quick access to
today’s practice and daily pop-up reminders!
Please comment and share your experience with today’s practice. Were you able to find flow or contentment in the now? Always remember, be kind!