Good morning Yogis! For those of you in the United States, it is Independence Day – Happy 4th of July! In honor of the holiday, we will take a break from focusing on self-improvement, and focus on making the world a bit brighter today!
Yesterday was the start of Clean Beach Week. 4th of July is the number one day for beach attendance, but also the number one day for beach littering! I think everyone can agree that litter on beaches or anywhere in nature is quite undesirable.
I learned that plastic is not truly recyclable, and often ends up on our beaches. We are often doing better by throwing plastic in the trash than the recycle bin! Recycle IS last in “Reduce Reuse Recycle” so see if there are other ways you can reduce or reuse your plastics, since they often are not actually recycled.
We also have a special announcement to make! Our Daily Yogi App is now available for both Apple and Android devices! If reminders and notifications are helpful for you, please use the App and allow notifications, to see new daily posts and to help stay up to date with our daily practices! We also moved our morning posts to an earlier time for those across the US who prefer email notifications – check new sign-up on right sidebar or click here to subscribe.
- If you are one of the many people heading to the beach this weekend, make sure to pick up after yourself!
- Maybe bring gloves and trash bags and do some extra clean-up in honor of Clean Beach Week since you’re already there.
- If you are not near any beaches or have other plans, keep an eye out for litter while you are out and do a little clean up when the opportunity presents itself.
- If you do not have holiday plans, perhaps find and participate in an organized clean-up.. these events are usually great for maintaining social distancing!
- Perhaps plant a tree.
- Or, keep your holiday plans and support beach and ocean cleanup efforts by purchasing a 4Ocean sea plastic bracelet.
- Or, if none of these suggestions resonate with you, find another way to practice some environmentalism!
Want to See more like this?
Follow DailyYogi on Pinterest!
Please comment and share how you helped brighten up the world a bit today. How did this make you feel? Always remember, be kind!